Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When I'm Not Coding

Sure, I'm a coder, but like many others, coding's not my only interest. Many coders are fine musicians. Not me, sadly, but there are a couple other hobbies I enjoy.

I've been bowhunting for deer for a long time. Unsuccessfully. And I mean a LONG time. For many years, the land I had access to was thinly populated with very smart deer. I had precious few opportunities. Sometimes I went a few years without even seeing a deer. For the past several years, I've been hunting with a friend whose family has well-populated land. They're nice enough to let me go up there, and I say thankya. Well, last year I got a new bow. A Mathews, actually, and they make a very fine bow. It's very quiet and smooth, not to mention which it's beautiful in terms of craftsmanship and artistry. I had four clean misses last year, all easily make-able shots. This year, I finally got one. It's been a long time coming.

No comments: